Temporary Applicant

Multiple forms of study permits, work permits, and tourist visa.

The Government of Canada offers a temporary resident visa (TRV) for students, workers or tourists, who plan to stay in Canada for a set period of time. The TRV (also known as a “visitor's visa”) is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office, which is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

In order to be eligible for a TRV, you must demonstrate to a Citizienship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Officer that:

  • You meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations; and,
  • You will be in Canada for only a temporary stay.

You must also:

  • Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay;
  • Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home;
  • Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so;
  • Be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity;
  • Not be a risk to the security of Canada;
  • Provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility; and,
  • Be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).

There are a few different types of TRV, including: temporary work permit; open work permit; student work permit; spousal work permit; and tourist visa. Each visa has its own particular requirements.

For example, when a program of study is more than six months, it is necessary for an international student to acquire a student permit. Application for this type of permit involves providing a Letter of Acceptance from a school, as well as proof of sufficient financial support while in Canada. When a student wishes to become a permanent resident, he or she must graduate from a qualifying Canadian post-secondary institution, and have either work experience in Canada, or a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Whether you are a student, worker, or tourist, CanadaPass Immigration Services is here to help you get established in Canada, even if only temporarily. Should you choose to later become a permanent resident, we are more than happy to assist you in your application and settlement process.

Temporary Applicant

The Government of Canada offers a start-up visa as an option for foreign entrepreneurs who are interested in starting a business in Canada. The goal of this program is to create jobs for Canadians and to contribute to the national economy; thereby, in the long run, making it possible for your business (and the local businesses you associate with) to expand and grow internationally.

If you are an innovative entrepreneur, then you may be eligible for a start-up visa. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires that applicants for this type of visa receive funding from at least one the list of designated companies

There are many benefits to starting a business in Canada:

  • A Strong and Stable Economy.
  • Sustained Economic Growth and International Expansion.
  • A Large, Healthy, Hard-Working, and Well-Educated Workforce.
  • Low Tax Costs (the Ability to Claim Numerous Business Expenses).
  • A High Quality of Life (as a result of Universal Health Care, Low Political Corruption, a Good Constitution, Solid Municipal Infrastructure, and Access to Clean Water, Food, Shelter, etc.).

The application process for a start-up visa tends to be fairly intricate. It requires great attention to detail, rigorous and through analyses, and a comprehensive, sophisticated approach. The staff at CanadaPass Immigration Services are skilled and highly experienced in this respect. It would be our pleasure to faciliate the preparation, completion, and submission of your application.